Thursday, October 16, 2008

ALCS Game 5 Tonight!

So, can the Red Sox come out strong tonight and leave Fenway with a little bit of momentum on their side? Or will their season end tonight? I think they'll be able to pull it out, at least for a victory tonight, but I still think these Rays look like one of the best overall teams I've ever seen. The Angels and John Lackey can say all they want about the "better team losing" in the ALDS, but they sure didn't look like the better team in that series. In this ALCS, however, the Rays look pretty damn unstoppable.

People say, "Well, this sure ain't last year's team," and they're right about that, but is that necessarily a bad thing? When people in '07 said, "Well, they ain't the '04 Sox," most could argue, "That's true, this team looks BETTER than the '04 squad." I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who will honestly say that this '08 team looks better than the '07 team at this point.

So what do I think about tonight? I'm still excited as hell for the game, but that could change about 2 minutes in like it did in Game 4 once Tim Wakefield had already given up 75 homeruns and the Red Sox looked like they forgot how to swing their bats. But I believe they will win this game, and then probably lose in Game 6 in Tampa. Of course, I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't think it's their year this year.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home